Easily organize the data captured by Date Custom Fields into a specific time range to visualize trends in a Bar, Pie, or Battery chart.
Create a Dashboard to show how many articles each team published per month this year. Or quickly see the number of new hires in the past 90 days by week.
You can also organize the data captured by task dates like Date created and Due date.
What you'll need
- 100 uses of Dashboards are available on the Free Forever Plan. Uses include the following actions:
- Create a Dashboard
- View a Dashboard
- Add a card
- Edit a card
- Remove a card
- Remove a Dashboard
- Unlimited uses of Dashboards are available on the Unlimited Plan and above.
- Some cards are only available on the Business Plan and above (which ones?).
- The Dashboards ClickApp is enabled in every new Workspace by default, but a Workspace owner or admin may disable the ClickApp.
- Guests can be invited to specific Dashboards with view-only permissions.
- Certain cards can be exported on the Business Plan and above.
- Reporting and Time Tracking cards are only available for the Unlimited Plan and above.
- Dashboards Hub is only available on ClickUp 3.0.
Create a Date Custom Field
To use this feature, you'll need a Date Custom Field in the locations containing the data you're reporting on.
To create a Date Custom Field:
- Create a Custom Field from the Space, Folder, or List. Or create a Custom Field with Custom Field Manager.
- From the modal, select Date.
- Customize the field.
- To make sure that the necessary data is recorded, you can require this Custom Field.
- Click Create.
Use Date Custom Fields in a Dashboard card
To report on Date fields in a Dashboard card, create or use an existing Date Custom Field.
- Create or edit an existing Bar, Pie, or Battery card.
- Select the locations containing the data you're reporting on.
- Select your Custom Field.
- Bar card: From the X Axis dropdown select Dates then your Date Custom Field.
- Pie and Battery cards: The Group by option is the x-axis for these cards. From the Group by dropdown select Dates then your Date Custom Field.
- Under Time range, click the first dropdown to set one of the following time ranges:
- This year, This month, or This week: Select a time range of this year, month, or week.
- Choose rolling period: Select a relative time range between 1 and 365 days. The card will automatically continue to report on that same range of time.
Range: Select a custom range of dates.
- Under Time range, click the second dropdown to choose to view y-axis data by day, week, or month for the time range selected in the first dropdown.
- Select any optional settings or filters.
Bar chart cards also have the option to show dates that have no data.
For example, your Dashboard shows the number of new hires in the past 90 days by week. There were no hires in the last week of December. If you don't want to see this week in the Dashboard, you can deselect Show empty dates.
- Click Add card.