ClickUp AI can summarize Docs and comment threads.
What you'll need
- ClickUp AI is available for purchase on all paid plans.
- We ensure optimal performance and fair use for all of our customers. Your access to ClickUp AI may be reduced depending on usage.
- Free Forever plans can’t purchase AI.
- All plans can access our free AI trial. Free trial usage varies by plan:
- Free Forever: 25 uses
- Unlimited and Business: 50 uses
- Business Plus and Enterprise: 100 uses
- Members and internal guests can use AI. You’ll be charged $5 per member and internal guest per month.
- External guests can’t use ClickUp AI.
- ClickUp AI is not available for HIPAA-compliant Workspaces.
- ClickUp AI is not available in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
Summarize a Doc
You can use ClickUp AI to summarize the content of a Doc. The generated text is inserted as a Summary block at the top of the Doc.
To summarize a Doc:
- Open a Doc that has written content.
- The Summarize button is disabled if there is no text or less than ten words.
- Click Summarize.
- AI generates a summary of the entire Doc.
After the content is generated, you have the following choices:
- Insert Summary Block: Insert the summary as an introductory section of the Doc.
- Copy: Copy the text to manually paste it into another location. You can also manually copy any part of the generated text.
- Regenerate: Generate a slightly different AI response.
Tell AI what to do next: Reprompt AI by typing a related prompt or giving AI more direction.
For example, you could type: Make it more formal.