Use the legacy importer to import your projects from Jira into ClickUp.
Use the new importer to import your projects from hosted on-premises Jira, map statuses, Custom Fields, and users.
When using the legacy importer, versions of Jira that are hosted on-premises cannot be imported.
Prepare your tasks in Jira
All time spent in Jira is assigned to the ClickUp user who performed the import. Because of this, we recommend making a note on each task being imported of who tracked time on the task and how much.
Before starting the import, make sure you have access to all the projects you want to bring into ClickUp.
Start the import in ClickUp
To begin the import process:
- In ClickUp, click your avatar in the lower-left corner.
- Click Import/Export.
- Click Start Import.
- Select Jira Software.
- Click Import from Jira.
Create an application link in Jira
To begin the Jira authorization process:
- In Jira, click the Jira icon in the upper-left.
- Click the settings icon in the upper-right.
- Click Products.
- Click Application links.
- Paste the URL
- Click Create new link.
- In the popup, click Continue.
ClickUpinto the Application Name field.
- Click Continue.
Set up your application link
To set up your application link:
- Click the pencil icon on the right.
- In the left sidebar, click Incoming Authentication.
clickupclientinto the Consumer Key field.
- Head back to the import page in ClickUp and paste the base URL of your Jira instance, ending with
- Click Next to receive your Jira key.
- Back in Jira, scroll down and paste your key into the Public Key field.
- Click Save.
Structure your ClickUp import
The remainder of the import will be done in ClickUp.
Step 1: Import projects
On the left, you'll see all of your Jira projects.
On the right, you choose what to do with these projects:
- Import into existing Space: Import the project into a Space you already created.
- Import into new Space: Import the project into a brand new Space
- Don't import project: Do not import the project.
When you import Jira projects, we'll automatically import your Jira statuses and subtasks.
Step 2: Import users
On the left, you'll see all the users from your Jira import.
On the right, you choose what to do with these users:
- Select a user: Use this when the Jira user is already in your Workspace.
- Invite user by email: Use this if the Jira user isn't currently a member of your Workspace.
- Don't import user: Do not import the user.
It is not possible to import Jira users into ClickUp later on.
Step 3: Map priorities
After you've imported projects and users, you can map Jira priorities to ClickUp Priorities.
Step 4: Additional options
After you map priorities, you have a few final import options:
- Include done issues: Include done issues in your import.
- Separate Jira issue types into separate ClickUp Lists: Organize different issue types from Jira into different ClickUp Lists.
- Include attachments: Include your Jira attachments in your import. Imported attachments have a file size limit of 1GB.
It is not recommended to include attachments if you are on the Free Forever Plan due to the storage cap.
- Include Custom Fields: Include Jira custom fields in your import and automatically create new ClickUp Custom Fields from them.
Add story points to your ClickUp Workspace by creating a new Custom Field during the import process.
After your import, we recommend taking advantage of the Multitask Toolbar to move items around in bulk.