Link your Microsoft 365 account to ClickUp so you can send and receive emails within tasks.
What you'll need
- You need to be a Workspace owner or admin to enable the Email ClickApp.
- Guests can't use the Email ClickApp.
- Usage limits are determined by your plan:
- Free Forever Workspaces get one free email account with 100 uses.
- Unlimited Workspaces get one free email account with unlimited use.
- Business Workspaces and above get two free email accounts, including signatures and email templates.
- Business Plus and Enterprise Workspaces can use custom email permissions for admins and members.
- Each email account you add can automatically transfer up to 100 contacts into ClickUp.
Link your Microsoft 365 account
To link your Microsoft 365 account with ClickUp:
- Open any task.
- In the lower-right corner, click the comment field.
- Click the email icon.
- In the From field, select Link an email.
- Click Sign in with Microsoft 365 and enter your credentials.
- During the authorization process, you'll see a popup that lists the permissions ClickUp is requesting access to. This is a standard warning that Microsoft shows for any third-party integration with their accounts. Granting access to these permissions makes it possible for ClickUp users to view, send, and receive emails with Microsoft 365 inside ClickUp. Without granting these permissions, the integration won't work.
- When adding your Microsoft 365 account to ClickUp, the permissions requested by ClickUp are tailored to the specific organization you are in.
You can also manage your email preferences by going to the Integrations page and clicking Email.